Calling all storytellers, & surf and windsports filmmakers around the world. We are pleased to open up the official call for submissions from amateur and professional filmmakers.
Welcome to the 7th annual Great Lakes Surf Film Festival to be held on Thursday Novemeber 23rd from 7:30 to 9:30 pm at Patagonia Toronto. Details in the the TICKET menu. 75 seat limited capacity.
No submission fees and a simple digital film delivery.
1) We will require you to share your submission as a hard copy with us to screen the film through https://wetransfer.com/
2) Take a look at the entry rules below, then email us all your details, and submit!
Really is as simple as that!
KEY SUBMISSION DATES
Call for submissions opens: Saturday, December 11, 2022
Close of submissions: Middle of November 2023
Official selections for festival showings announced: Middle of November 2023
Please send submissions as early as possible so we can process the information.
Short Films: Under 10 minutes
– No restrictions on when the film was completed.
– All music must be cleared, original and/or free.
– We are not looking for music videos, commercials or blatant advertising.
– More than one entry may be submitted. Each film entry must be accompanied by it’s own submission form.
– We prefer titles in English. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles.
– Filmmaker’s agree to the use of up to 30 seconds of their films and still images by GLSFF for promotional purposes.
– Filmmaker’s agree that permission is given to GLSFF to screen the Film at the GLSFF event as well as at future festival presentations, programs, and/or events.
– Filmmaker’s agree that no license fees will be paid for the screening of their film(s).
– Filmmaker’s agree that they will indemnify GLSFF from any third party claims against GLSFF for the screening of the Film or any materials associated with it for breach of copyright or privacy or failure to obtain the appropriate clearances and releases.
– Entry does not guarantee acceptance into the GLSFF festival and the selection committees’ decisions are final.
– GLSFF reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or festival scheduling.
– By submitting a film, you acknowledge you have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines.
General Rules of Entry and Entry Eligibility requirements
All filmmakers will be contacted by email informing you of the officially selected films in the middle of November or earlier. Most likely if you enter something that follows the rules then it will be accepted.
GET YOUR ENTRY IN!
So with all the formalities out of the way, what are you waiting for! Email us your entry!
In your email please include film title, directors, length of film, short description, anything else you think is important for us to know and share. Look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you and good luck. We hope to make this a memorable event.
The GLSFF team
For all entry enquiries please email us firstname.lastname@example.org